Tuesday, April 8, 2008

You Know You're Getting Old When...

You go to bed with 3 minutes left in the game. That's right...I chose sleep. The Chalmers shot which I watched thanks to Youtube here at work was pretty crazy, but the overtime looked like it was all Kansas, so did I really miss that much? I'm leaning towards no.

I did enjoy watching the Chicago products play each other, though. Sherron Collins was all in D-Rose's face the entire night which hampered Rose to just 3 points in the first half. While Chalmers shot earned him the Most Outstanding Player award (Noah won that two years in 06', how's that looking on the NBA floor?) , it was Collins who really deserved something for shutting down the guy who no one could stop in the tourney.

I could really give a shit about all the talk with Rose's "Gummi Bear" diet. Noce lives on sour punch kids, and while he doesn't play 40 games of basketball in a 6 month span, he manages. I don't buy that shit. What I do buy, is the fact that his nerves got to him in the beginning, which made him so tenative.

One final thing before I leave you with the highlights to the last minutes of the game and overtime in case you, like me decided to say fuck it. If you've listened to the Mike North Morning Show, you've heard Mike DeCourcy from the Sporting News claim "free throws are the most overrated thing in the tournament". I thought the whole argument was bullshit to begin with. Think Douglas-Roberts and Rose would tell you otherwise? Fuck and No.

I know I didn't do jack shit yesterday; after Crede's awesome fucking slam that prompted me to yell while being on the train, I'll have some more coming up soon!

No comments:

Google