Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Breaking News: Dempster Dooms 2008 Cubs

Sometimes it really pays to work for the company that owns the worst organization in all of sports. I was forwarded this interesting little nugget today that's sure to make it's way around the blogosphere faster than Brady Quinn can yell "FAG!". Well played Dempster, I'm sure this will work out well for you in the long run.


Dempster: Cubs will win 2008 World Series
By Paul Sullivan, 12:39 p.m.


MESA, Ariz. -- Ryan Dempster did his best Carlos Zambrano impression on Wednesday, saying he expects the Cubs to end their 100-year World Series drought this year.
____________________________________________________________________

Dempster's actual words:

"I think we're going to win the World Series, I really do. I wouldn't come here and worked as hard as I did, and everyone worked as hard as they did, to not believe that. I think it's funny when people make predictions or they say things and people are like, 'Oh, how can you say that?

You believe it. You really do. Enough of all the b.s., and the curse this, the curse that, the goat, the black cat, or the 100 years (without a championship). … Whatever it is, we're a better team than we were last year, I truly believe."

For more on this awfully hilarious prognostication, the full article can be found on the Tribune's "Hard Ball" Blog. Oh, and in case any of you were wondering, this is coming from the man that posted the following numbers in 2007:

Dempster went (2-7) in 66 games with a 4.66 ERA and a whopping 55 strikeouts. I'd say that gives him the right to go ahead and give the guarantee. We'll have more on this tomorrow.

BallHype: hype it up!

4 comments:

Gepetto said...

It's over.

Unknown said...

For the sake of Cubs fans everywhere I hope Dempster has a late night run in with ringworm218

Mac G said...

I like his confidence.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. Keep it that way.

Google