Thursday, February 21, 2008

Paxson Can't Pull The Trigger until 0:01 on anything

It appears that Mr. Clutch himself, John Paxson, waited until there was no time left on the clock for the 2008 trade deadline and then launched up a prayer. The prayer resulted in a 3-team
trade involving Chicago, Cleveland and Seattle that went down like this:



Bulls get:

Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Cedric Simmons
Shannon Brown


Cavaliers get:

Ben Wallace
Joe Smith
Wally Szerbiack
Delonte West
Joe Smith
Future 2nd round pick from Chicago


Sonics get:

Ira Newble
Adrian Griffin
Donyell Marshall


Let's not forget the most important thing, never again will we see this:



And on the 8th day, John Paxson rested. I never thought I'd be so happy to pickup Larry Huges and Drew Gooden.



BallHype: hype it up!


5 comments:

stalkingerinandrews said...

Hey, when you're wrong, you're wrong. Shit, I hate being wrong. But I can live with myself since Big Ben is gone. I'll even look past the Bulls bringing in the second coming of Jamal "I'm Going To Shoot Every Time Down The Floor And Build Everyone A New House" Crawford.

Noce said...

I don't think Hughes will be as bad as everyone seems to think in our lineup. His strength is driving to the basket which is exactly what the Bulls need since they're a bunch of jump shooting pansies.

Here's my projected starting five w/ replacements:

Hinrich/Thabo
Hughes/BG
Deng/Nocioni
Thomas/Gooden*
Noah/Gray

*You can't just fuck over Tyrus right away and give his spot to a new guy but if Gooden earns it then he can start at the 4.

stalkingerinandrews said...

Do you think this leaves Duhon out? Or does he still have a spot in the rotation? Before the season started, I was ready for him to be included on any trade possible, but he's been pretty damn good this year. I'm actually pretty happy they kept him, and I'm a bit surprised to find that out.

Noce said...

Duhon is out. I wanted him gone at the beginning of this year too and he actually has managed to make me hate him less, but he's too small for this team. I'm suprised he didn't get moved to Cleveland in this deal because he does have an expiring contract after this season. I'd expect a sign-and-trade with Duhon and maybe either Gordon and Deng for someone like Elton Brand or hopefully a lot of 1st round picks.

Anonymous said...

Paxson sealed the deal on Wallace when he offered to throw in the headband for free.

Google