Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A YouTube Day Eh?

My partner in blogging and usually in drinking, Dr. C has posted a YouTube clip today featuring a band that's name is quite punctual since Valentine's Day is coming up. I think that's about the only compliment I can give them because I listened to about half of the song and realized that these kids were probably the fags who acted hardcore and tough Friday-Sunday while Monday-Friday they were training to become Eagle Scouts and watching Anime.

I'm not trying to one-up my buddy's band preferences because we usually share the same opinions on music but I really can't get into the modern MTV version of metal. It just sounds a little to contrived for my tastes. I rarely listen to new bands because I just assume that they all sucks nowadays.

Anyway, here's a clip that I thought would do nicely. I love Steve Vai and this song makes frequent appearances on my ipod. Not to mention I think this might be the inspiration for Blue Man Group. Which reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from TV. "Tobias: Oh, no, no. I’m not in the group yet. No, I’m afraid I just blue myself."

Enjoy Steve Vai jerks. Watch for the crazy solo around 4:30 and lots and lots of amazingly creepy faces from Vai, who fucking rocks this song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't what's gayer: The song being titled Bad Horsie or painting your self to fit in next to my neighbor's chain link fence

Google